Saturday, April 3, 2010

Restaurant Review: Tinto

Setting:
Tinto for dinner.

First Impressions:
The front room is lined with wine bottles, so make no mistake that this is, yes, a wine bar.  I am not quite sure what the rest of the place looks like because we were seated at the first table when you walk in.  I am sure the rest of the place is lovely.

Food:
We ordered the chef's bonus tasting (chef's selections for all courses, plus a lobster dish and a special Spanish meat dish).  I guess I should preface this whole section of the review by saying that I have no idea what we ate, exactly, since it was all brought out to us as the chef decided, and since I don't have a very good auditory memory when I can't see it in writing, too.  Weird, I know.  Anyway, it was all amazingly delicious.  I can only describe the food, but my descriptions will not do it justice.  You just have to go and try it yourself.  We had delicious everything.  

Service:
Service is very good at Tinto.  There is a nice team mentality at a Garces restaurant, meaning all hands are always on deck.  This is always better for your dining experience.

Definitely go.

Food     mmmmm
Service     mmmmm
Decor     mmmm
Je ne sais quoi     mmmm
Overall     mmmmm

114 S. 20th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103

About the ratings:
mmmmm        would eat there again tomorrow
mmmm           looking forward to eating there again
mmm              not in a hurry to eat there again
mm                 likely not going to eat there again
m                    would try my best never to eat there again. ever.
I reserve the right to grade on a curve for the overall score, despite the average.

No comments:

Post a Comment