Saturday, April 3, 2010

Food Addiction: Bread

I ate more than a reasonable share of bread today.  Helping feed my inner bread monster was the Fitler Square farmer's market, open Saturdays from 9-2, rain, snow, sleet, or shine.  Today the bread guy offered three dollar ginormous loaves.  Since it was such a bargain, I got an apricot-raisin-pecan loaf and an olive-garlic loaf.  I made sure to try two slices from both loaves, and both are pretty great tasting.  The apricot-raisin-pecan bread I toasted and spread butter on the slices.  Two slices of the olive-garlic loaf accompanied some left over pad thai.

I love good bread.  Almost as much as I love cheese.  The bread guy has a type of bread for everyone. Go see him next Saturday to find what he has in store for you.

2 comments:

  1. I share your love of bread! Have you tried the no knead bread recipe (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/08/dining/081mrex.html) Nothing beats homemade bread, plus it makes the apartment smell amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried it! Maybe soon . . .

    ReplyDelete