Sunday, April 11, 2010

Restaurant Review: Bobby's Burger Palace

Every so often I crave a burger.  A medium, still pink in the middle, juicy burger.  So I went to Bobby's Burger Palace ("the BBP"), the new burger place in University City.

First Impressions:
YUM!  I could not wait.  Too bad I had to stand in line for over an hour to order.  But, it was the BBP's first Saturday night.  The line stretched outside, and then once inside there's a snake-around to the ordering counter.  After the wait, the deliciousness began.

The Food:
The BBP offers lots of options.  You can get Dallas Style, the Bobby Burger, and all sorts of other styles.  You can get your burger with beef, ground turkey, or ground chicken.  You can also get your burger Crunchified, but I opted out. If you do get a Crunchified burger, from what I understand it's adding potato chips onto your burger.  Like putting Doritos onto a ham and cheese sandwich.  Sort of.

My burger, the L.A. Burger, has cheddar cheese and an avocado relish on top.  I also got the best sweet potato fries.  I wanted a little more onion for my burger, and a little more salt for the sweet potato fries.  Despite that, the sweet potato fries were the best I have had in a long time.  Maybe ever.  This is because I always get frustrated about eating sweet potato fries that are too soggy, and before the BBP's sweet potato fries, they were inevitably soggy.  Bobby Flay's sweet potato fries are perfectly crunchy and crisp.  They also come with a honey mustard and horseradish dipping sauce.  Also quite tasty.

I almost forgot!  The BBP has unforgettable spiked milkshakes.  I had a vodka-spiked Mocha Kahlua Milkshake.  The non-spiked flavors sounded good, too: pistachio, blueberry-pomegranate, plus the typical chocolate and vanilla.

The Service:
It's a combination between a diner and a fast-food restaurant.  But still, everyone who helped us with anything was very nice, helpful, professional, aimed to please, and so on.  It's a great place.


Food     mmmm
Service     mmmmm
Decor     mmm
Je ne sais quoi     mmm
Overall     mmmm

3925 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104

About the ratings:
mmmmm        would eat there again tomorrow
mmmm           looking forward to eating there again
mmm              not in a hurry to eat there again
mm                 likely not going to eat there again
m                    would try my best never to eat there again. ever.
I reserve the right to grade on a curve for the overall score, despite the average.

No comments:

Post a Comment