Monday, April 12, 2010

Ode to the Champagne-O-Rama

The weather was gorgeous, and we were out on the rooftop bar at the Continental.  It was my birthday, so I decided I wanted my favorite over-priced drink - - - the Continental's Champagne-O-Rama.  The Champagne-O-Rama is raspberry vodka with champagne (or maybe champagne with a shot of raspberry vodka), and the glass is grenadine-sugar-rimmed.  I planned on just having one, but I went home having had three.  I think I'll start making my own at home, though, so I can save a little money while enjoying a favorite treat.  But, if I had my own champagne and vodka sitting around at home, I might never leave the house.

2 comments:

  1. raspberry vodka is cheap, and prosecco is a good champagne substitute. Sounds awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming from the woman who took me to the Continental for the first time! Have we come so far from lobster mac and cheese? And beet and goat cheese salad? Are we left to make our own cheaper versions at home?

    ReplyDelete