Saturday, June 12, 2010

Restaurant Review: Miguel's California Mexican Cocina and Cantina

A couple weekends ago I was in California, visiting family and attending services for my Grandma, who recently passed away.  Although funerals are never fun, being in California allowed me to visit with a lot of family.  Included in the family round abouts was a nice lunch with my sister, my brother, and his family at Miguel's in Corona.  He has been asking for a California entry, so here it is, much belated.  Thanks for lunch/dinner, Beebs. 

Me, Shanna, Brian, Kami, Dalen, and Christina outside of Miguel's

First Impressions:
It's pretty here.  The restaurant is situated in a promenade of shops where the scenery includes a reservoir, walking paths, and foothills in the distance.  This must be one of the reasons why people move to California.  The restaurant itself is pretty spacious and comfortably casual.    

The Food:
Since I was eating there while en route to visit with more family in Costa Mesa, I kept it pretty simple and had a spinach quesadilla.  Sidenote: we were staying with my grandpa, who keeps a pantry pretty well stocked for three Armageddons although with nary a fresh vegetable.  Back to the quesadilla.  I have to be honest and admit I wasn't expecting much except for a lot of cheese (okay by me) with a sprinkle of spinach.  I was pleasantly wrong.  My quesadilla was packed with spinach AND cheese and was the perfect mini-meal.  I even had enough left over for the next morning (it doubled as breakfast - I should have put a fried egg on top of it but didn't).  

The Service:
Kept us full and happy.  They were all very nice.  

Food     mmmm
Service     mmmm
Decor     mmmm
Je ne sais quoi     mmm
Overall     mmmm

2715 Lakeshore Drive
Corona, CA 92883

p.s. please forgive typos!

About the ratings:
mmmmm        would eat there again tomorrow
mmmm           looking forward to eating there again
mmm              not in a hurry to eat there again
mm                 likely not going to eat there again
m                    would try my best never to eat there again. ever.
I reserve the right to grade on a curve for the overall score, despite the average.

1 comment:

  1. Random late-comment by me, but do you ever poach your eggs? I discovered them (alas, so late in life) just recently, and put them over just about everything now!

    ReplyDelete