Sunday, June 13, 2010

Restaurant Review: Soho Sushi

First Impressions:
Even for the brief second I was in here, the place is very inviting.  Mellow green walls, simple tables, not a lot of swag.  I could happily dine in.  They have a tv showing the World Cup.  

The Food:
I just wanted a quick cheap Sunday lunch.  My roomie and I decided to share one of the lunch specials, a three roll option that comes with soup or salad.  She got two rolls, and I got a tuna avocado roll plus the miso soup.  If you want quick food that isn't pizza or a hot dog, this place is for you.  We called it in, and in five minutes, it was ready.  A huge bonus of this place is that the lunch specials run on the weekends, too.  It's hard to mess up a tuna avocado roll, I know.  Well, this one wasn't messed up.  Next time I will be more adventurous.  For today, though, this was exactly what I wanted.


The Service:
Quick and friendly.  They chatted us up about the World Cup a little.  Not much to complain about, which makes sense because it was a take out order. 

Food     mmmm
Service     mmmm
Decor     mmmm
Je ne sais quoi     mmmm
Overall     mmmm

231 Sullivan Street
New York, NY 10012
p.s. Please forgive typos.  If there are ever any, I never notice them until a post is published.

About the ratings:
mmmmm        would eat there again tomorrow
mmmm           looking forward to eating there again
mmm              not in a hurry to eat there again
mm                 likely not going to eat there again
m                    would try my best never to eat there again. ever.
I reserve the right to grade on a curve for the overall score, despite the average.

No comments:

Post a Comment